now browsing by tag
Isaiah 59:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:8
- Helmet (it can be a military helmet, knights helmet, football helmet or motorcycle helmet) or a large metal pot. Keep in mind that you may damage whatever you decide to use.
- 2 pieces of fruit that can fit in the helmet (cantaloupe, watermelon, or even a pumpkin)
- Hammer or sledge-hammer
- Log on end to put the fruit on or anything that it sturdy enough to hold the fruit while it’s being smashed.
The idea is that you will take a piece of fruit and smash it. Then cover it with the “helmet” and try to smash it again, but it is protected because the helmet is covering it. Depending on the place you are presenting this in you may want to cover the floor with plastic.
(Hold up the melon.)
I have a melon here and today this melon is going to represent you! In John 10:10 it says that the Devil comes to destroy you. He will put bad thoughts and temptations in your head and he will try to get you to do all kinds of bad things.
(Place the melon on the log or whatever you are using.)
So here you are minding your own business and then the devil comes to tempt you. (Pull out the sledge-hammer.) This hammer represents the devil as he comes to tempt and discourage you. (Hold the sledge-hammer high and then slam it into the melon completely smashing it.)
That didn’t work out so well for the melon did it? When the devil came with temptation it has no protection at all! Well, God wants to protect us from the attacks of the enemy. In Ephesians 6:17 we read about a piece of the Armor of God called the Helmet of Salvation.
(Take out your helmet.)
Do you know what a helmet is used for? (Wait for responses.) That’s right! It protects your head! The Bible says that we have a Helmet of Salvation and this will protect our head and mind as well. When we trust in Jesus for our Salvation we are protected from the thoughts of the evil one.
(Place the other melon on the log but this time cover it with the helmet.)
This melon is prepared for the attack of the devil now! It is covered with the Helmet of Salvation and it protected. What do you think will happen when it is attacked? Let’s see!
(Try to smash the melon again, but it is protected with the helmet. Then take the helmet off to show that the melon is still intact.)
See! The melon is fine. The helmet took the blow and protected the melon from getting hurt at all. When we are wearing the Helmet of Salvation we are protected from the thoughts and temptations that the devil sends our way. Let us put our trust in Christ and always wear the Helmet of Salvation.
Incoming search terms:
- Helmet of Salvation Lesson
- helmet of salvation object lesson
- helmet of salvation lesson for kids
- helmet of salvation
- free lesson on the helmet of salvation
- the helmet of salvation lesson
- helmet of salvation - childrens lesson
- guard our mind with the helmet of salvation
- helmet of salvation lesson illustration
- bible study on helmet of salvation
Psalm 17:8; Psalm 91:4; Psalm 32:7
(Show everyone the umbrella.)
Does anyone know what this is? That’s right it is an umbrella. Do any of you have an umbrella? What we do use umbrellas for? (Wait for a response.) We use them to keep dry in the rain. More specifically we use them for protection.
An umbrella can protect us from the rain, sleet, snow, or you can even use it on a bright sunny day as protection from the sun. The umbrella covers you when you are in bad weather and it protects you from all kinds of things.
In Psalm 18:30 it says that God is like a strong tower and he protects us and keeps us safe. God is like an umbrella for us. He covers us and keeps us safe. What kinds of things do you think God keeps us safe from? (Wait for responses.) Keeps us safe driving. Keeps us healthy. Keeps us safe from storms. He keeps us safe from all kinds of things!
Whenever we go out in the rain and we need to use and umbrella always remember that God is the one that keeps us safe. We can always run to him and find shelter and safety from whatever things we face in our life. When He is protecting us we do not need to be afraid or scared of anything!
Incoming search terms:
- object talk on umbrella
- bible verses for umbrella
- bible verses on umbrella
- kids object lesson safety
- object lesson about Gods protection
- kids sunday school lesson god\s protection
- bible story lesson Plan: Gods protection: umbrella
- object talk
- sermons evil spiritual umbrella
- sermons the satanic umbrella
James 1:17; Malachi 3:6; Hebrews 1:12
- Colorful fall leaves. (If you don’t have any you can cut them out of colored construction paper or buy them at most craft stores.)
(Show a variety of fall leaves).
During autumn all the leaves on the trees start to change colors. Red. Orange. Yellow. Brown. Do you know what they do after they change color? They fall down to the ground. That’s why we call it the Fall. Then we rake the leaves and we can jump and play in them.
Did you know that God is NOT like these leaves? In Hebrews 13:8 we read that Jesus is the same yesterday as He is today! And that He will be the same tomorrow too! That means we can trust, rely and depend on Him!
These leaves grow and are blown by the wind and they eventually change colors, die and fall to the ground. But Jesus will never change like that. Sometimes people change that way, but not God.
God is faithful and trustworthy. We can always rely on Him to do what He says and to keep His promises. His word is always true!
So when we drive around and see the beautiful fall leaves we should remember that even though they may change our God will never change! He will always be there for us to love us and to protects us.
Incoming search terms:
- god never changes craft
- moms toolbox hebrews 13:8
- bible story about god never changing
- God\s love never changes bible craft
- lesson on hebrews 13:8
- god never changes activities
- God never changes games