Armor of God
now browsing by tag
Hebrews 4:12; Isaiah 49:2; Matthew 4:10-11
(Take out the sword and show everyone.)
Does anyone know what this is? It is a sword! Do you know what swords are used for? Fighting! In Ephesians 6:11 we are told to put on God’s armor and most of the armor listed is for our protection. But there is only one piece of armor that is used for fighting back. Do you know what is? The Sword of the Spirit!
Swords are sharp and they are used for cutting and the Bible says in Hebrews 4:12 that God’s Word is sharper than the sharpest knife! That means that it is powerful!
The Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. The way that you use it is by memorizing and quoting Scripture when you need it. When Jesus was in the wilderness being tempted by the devil he overcame those temptations by quoting Scripture. When Jesus quoted those verses that was like he was taking some serious jabs at the devil and the devil couldn’t take it anymore and he ran away!
When we are being attacked by temptation and by things that come at us in life God has given us a weapon to fight back! It is the Sword of the Spirit. We should read God’s Word and memorize Scripture verse that apply to our lives. That way when we are facing trouble we can put that sword out and fight off our enemy!
Incoming search terms:
- sword of the spirit lesson
- sword of the spirit game
- sword of the spirit object lesson
- sword of the spirit lesson for kids
- sword of the spirit for kids
- sword of the spirit for preschool
- sword of the spirit worksheet
- the sword of the spirit child lesson
- sword of the spirit preschool
Isaiah 59:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:8
- Helmet (it can be a military helmet, knights helmet, football helmet or motorcycle helmet) or a large metal pot. Keep in mind that you may damage whatever you decide to use.
- 2 pieces of fruit that can fit in the helmet (cantaloupe, watermelon, or even a pumpkin)
- Hammer or sledge-hammer
- Log on end to put the fruit on or anything that it sturdy enough to hold the fruit while it’s being smashed.
The idea is that you will take a piece of fruit and smash it. Then cover it with the “helmet” and try to smash it again, but it is protected because the helmet is covering it. Depending on the place you are presenting this in you may want to cover the floor with plastic.
(Hold up the melon.)
I have a melon here and today this melon is going to represent you! In John 10:10 it says that the Devil comes to destroy you. He will put bad thoughts and temptations in your head and he will try to get you to do all kinds of bad things.
(Place the melon on the log or whatever you are using.)
So here you are minding your own business and then the devil comes to tempt you. (Pull out the sledge-hammer.) This hammer represents the devil as he comes to tempt and discourage you. (Hold the sledge-hammer high and then slam it into the melon completely smashing it.)
That didn’t work out so well for the melon did it? When the devil came with temptation it has no protection at all! Well, God wants to protect us from the attacks of the enemy. In Ephesians 6:17 we read about a piece of the Armor of God called the Helmet of Salvation.
(Take out your helmet.)
Do you know what a helmet is used for? (Wait for responses.) That’s right! It protects your head! The Bible says that we have a Helmet of Salvation and this will protect our head and mind as well. When we trust in Jesus for our Salvation we are protected from the thoughts of the evil one.
(Place the other melon on the log but this time cover it with the helmet.)
This melon is prepared for the attack of the devil now! It is covered with the Helmet of Salvation and it protected. What do you think will happen when it is attacked? Let’s see!
(Try to smash the melon again, but it is protected with the helmet. Then take the helmet off to show that the melon is still intact.)
See! The melon is fine. The helmet took the blow and protected the melon from getting hurt at all. When we are wearing the Helmet of Salvation we are protected from the thoughts and temptations that the devil sends our way. Let us put our trust in Christ and always wear the Helmet of Salvation.
Incoming search terms:
- Helmet of Salvation Lesson
- helmet of salvation object lesson
- helmet of salvation
- helmet of salvation lesson for kids
- Helmet of Salvation Object Lesson for Kids
- umbrella of protection bible lesson
- kids bible lesson on helmet of salvation
- helmet of salvation kids
- the helmet of salvation for kids
- sunday school helmet of salvation craft