taste and see
now browsing by tag
Psalm 19:9-10; Psalm 119:127; Psalm 119:72; Proverbs 8:19
- Jar of honey.
- Toothpicks or Popsicle sticks if you want to let people taste the honey
(Hold up the jar of honey and have a taste of it)
I love the taste of honey! Does anyone else love honey? What are some of the ways you can eat honey? (Allow the kids to respond.) I like to have some honey in my tea and on biscuits or toast. You can also make a peanut butter and honey sandwich.
Why do you think that we like honey so much? (Wait for a response.) Because it is sweet!
In Psalm 119:103 it says that God’s Words are even sweeter than this honey. Would you like to try it and see how good it tastes? (Let the kids try a sample.)
Does that mean we can take the Bible and just eat it and it will taste good? No way! This verse means that the principles and guidelines that we learn are good for us and make us into better people. It is refreshing and enjoyable to read and study God’s Word and God promises to bless us when we do. Many people thing that God’s Word is sour, but that is because they haven’t really read it and memorized it very much.
Incoming search terms:
- object lesson for psalm 119
- sermons honey
Hebrews 6:4-5; Psalm 119:103; Zechariah 9:17
- Orange (or other piece of fruit or candy)
The bible says to taste and see that The Lord is good. Have you ever had an orange before (or whatever you have)? Imagine that I have never eaten one, and I want someone to explain to me how this orange tastes.
(Let the person try to describe how the orange tastes. Keep trying to mess up their description. If they say it tastes like an orange just say you’ve never tasted it so that doesn’t count. If they say it is sweet ask if it tastes like chocolate. If they say it’s juicy ask if it tastes like steak.)
I’m sure that these are delicious, but there is only one way to really know if it is good or not. Do you know how?
(Start to peel the orange.)
The only way to know if it is good is to eat it. That is the only way to know.
(Start to eat the orange.)
Wow! This is delicious! It is so sweet and juicy just like you said, but the only way for me to understand the taste is to actually taste it.
The only way to really know the goodness of God is to experience it. It is not good enough to just hear people describe God and talk about him. We need to know him for our self.
Incoming search terms:
- kids Bible lesson on seeing
- activities to teach preschool children oh taste and see taste the Lord is good sunday school lesson
- taste and see sermon illustration
- taste and see that the lord is good sunday school lesson
- taste and see that the lord is good childrens lesson
- taste and see junior church lesson with games for kids
- taste & see youth lesson
- oh taste and see that the lord is good childrens lesson
- oh taste and see taste the Lord is good sunday school lesson
- object lesson on gods goodness