Taste and See
Hebrews 6:4-5; Psalm 119:103; Zechariah 9:17
- Orange (or other piece of fruit or candy)
The bible says to taste and see that The Lord is good. Have you ever had an orange before (or whatever you have)? Imagine that I have never eaten one, and I want someone to explain to me how this orange tastes.
(Let the person try to describe how the orange tastes. Keep trying to mess up their description. If they say it tastes like an orange just say you’ve never tasted it so that doesn’t count. If they say it is sweet ask if it tastes like chocolate. If they say it’s juicy ask if it tastes like steak.)
I’m sure that these are delicious, but there is only one way to really know if it is good or not. Do you know how?
(Start to peel the orange.)
The only way to know if it is good is to eat it. That is the only way to know.
(Start to eat the orange.)
Wow! This is delicious! It is so sweet and juicy just like you said, but the only way for me to understand the taste is to actually taste it.
The only way to really know the goodness of God is to experience it. It is not good enough to just hear people describe God and talk about him. We need to know him for our self.
Incoming search terms:
- kids Bible lesson on seeing
- Goodness object lesson
- childrens lesson on taste and see that the Lord is good
- taste and see that the lord is good sunday school lesson
- taste and see that the lord is good childrens lesson
- taste and see sermon illustration
- taste and see junior church lesson with games for kids
- taste & see youth lesson
- oh taste and see that the lord is good childrens lesson
- god is good sermon