Don’t Give Up
James 1:12; Romans 5:3-5; 2 Timothy 1:12
- Cork from a bottle
(Hold up the cork.)
Does anyone know what this is? (Wait for response.) That’s right, it is a cork.
I heard a story about a little cork that was floating in the middle of the ocean. How small do you think this cork would feel in the middle of the ocean? Pretty tiny.
A whale was swimming by and happened to see the little cork floating there so the whale flipped him tail at the cork and playfully pushed it deep into the water. Do you know what happened? The cork popped back up!
The whale was confused and swam back by and this time it jumped into the air and landed on the cork with all of its massive weight. A few moments later do you know what happened? The cork popped back up to the surface.
Soon other whales gathers around and each took turns trying to sink the cork, but each time it would slowly pop back up.
Finally the cork looked at the whales and said, “I’m not made of the stuff that sinks.”
Are you made of the stuff that sinks? When tough things come at us and try to sink us do you give up and let it keep you down or do you pop right back up? We should get right back up! God doesn’t want us to give up, he wants us to keep going strong no matter what comes at us in life.
Incoming search terms:
- bible lessons on never quitting
- a bible lesson on don\t give up
- objectl lesson about giving up
- Dont Give Up Bible Lesson
- object lesson on not giving up
- never give up object lessons for kids
- lesson on never giving up
- dont quit galatians 6:9 children study school lesson
- do not give up bible study
- children\s Bible lesson don\t give up