now browsing by tag
1 Corinthians 7:23; Galatians 5:1; Galatians 5:13
- American Flag
Do you of you know what holiday we are celebrating this weekend? (Wait for responses.) That’s right we are celebrating Memorial Day. Do you know what memorial means? It means that we are supposed to remember something. But I can’t seem to remember, what we are supposed to remember.
(Take out the American Flag).
Maybe this will help me to remember. This is the flag of the United States of America, and it does help me to remember. On Memorial Day we remember the soldiers who fought and died so that we can live in a free country. Many of them sacrificed their lives so that we could gather together and worship Christ without being afraid of being punished.
There are many countries around the world that cannot worship God freely. They have to meet in secret so that no one can find them. If they were caught they would get throw into prison and sometimes even killed.
On this day we remember the men and women who fought for our freedom. But we also remember Jesus Christ who fought for our freedom. He died so that we could have freedom from our sins.
As we remember the patriots that died for our country, let us also remember our Savior who died for us. But the great thing is that Jesus did not stay dead! He rose from the dead on the third day!
Incoming search terms:
- Memorial day object lessons
- free bible lessons for children on memorial day
- kids bible study memorial day
- memorial day children\s church lessons
- object lessons for kid memorial day
- Object 4 kids sermons Memorial Day
- memorial object lesson preschool bible lesson
- memorial day scripture/kids
- bible preschool lesson memorial day
- bible study sbout memorial day