now browsing by tag
John 12:9-19; Matthew 21:5; Mark 11:1-11
- Palm branch
Do you know what today is? It is Palm Sunday! This is the day that we celebrate when Jesus rode into Jerusalem shortly before He was crucified. They call it His Triumphal Entry. That mean he rode in victoriously! Like a king!
(Show the palm branch)
One day Jesus was going into Jerusalem. He was riding in on a donkey which no one had ever ridden on before. As he rode into Jerusalem people started cutting down palm branches and throwing them on the road in front of him. Some people even took off their coats and threw them on the road for the donkey to walk on.
(Throw the branch and your coat on the ground and walk across them)
Jesus rode over the coats and palm branches and as he did the crowd starting shouting. They said “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!” Let’s say that together!
When a king would come riding into town everyone would gather around for the great parade. Even though Jesus was not the earthly king, people realized that He was the King of Kings.
Incoming search terms:
- moral lesson of the triumphal entry of jesus
- lessons from Jesus triumphant entry
- lessons on the triumpant entry
- lessons to learn from christ triumphant entry
- THE MORAL LESSONS OF THE TRIUMPHANT ENTRY
- what are the moral lessonsof the triumphant entry of jesus christ in jerusalem