now browsing by tag
1 Corinthians 9:24; Romans 5:3-4; Isaiah 40:31; Matthew 24:13; James 1:12
- Any kind of baggage. Bags, backpacks, anything, just make sure you are loaded down. I will list a few things in the object lesson that you could use or you can just adapt it to whatever you have.
- Sneakers. You can already have these on
(Come out holding all your things and wearing your sneakers.)
Have any of you ever ran a race before? Did you win? I am getting ready to run a race today and I have everything I will need. I have a CD player because I have found out that if I listen to music I can run a lot faster. I also brought a cooler full of drinks and food just in case I get hungry or thirsty. You don’t want to run on an empty stomach!
I also have an umbrella if it starts to rain, that way I can stay dry. I am also going to bring a beach chair because I may need to take a break somewhere along the way. I have a first aid kit too because you never know when you will have to do emergency surgery on yourself!
I just know that I am going to win! How do you think I will do in this race? (Wait for responses.) You don’t think I will do very well? Why not? (Wait for responses.) You think I am carrying too much stuff? But I need all of these things don’t I?
This kind of reminds me of what the Bible says in Hebrews 12:1. It says that we should put off all the things that weigh us down and run the race that God has for us. I would probably run a lot faster if I laid all these things down!
We can run the path God has for us faster and better if we lay down the things that weight us down. Maybe we need to lay down a sin. Maybe we should lay down a bad habit. Maybe we will have to lay down a relationship that is not good. We need to lay down anything that is getting in the way of us moving closer to God.
Incoming search terms:
- running the race bible lesson
- activities for bible running the race]
- youth bible lesson about finishing the race
- the holy tales hebrews 12 run the race for preschool
- RACE CAR THEME BIBLE SCHOOL
- preschool lesson on running God\s race
- object lesson about running the race
- lesson for kids run the race
- how you going run your race bible study lesson for teen
- hebrews 12 childrens lesson
Psalm 4:4, Proverbs 14:29, Proverbs 15:1, Ecclesiastes 7:9, Ephesians 4:26-27, Colossians 3:8
- Can of soda
The bible tells us in Ephesians 4:26 that when we get angry we need to be very careful not to sin. Sinning is when we do something that goes against God’s rules for our life like pushing, fighting, and saying unkind things.
Have you ever been really mad at someone?
(Take out can of soda.)
When we get angry it is like shaking this can of soda up. (Shake the can hard then act like you are going to open it.)
What would happen if I opened this can? It would explode everywhere!
(Set the can down and make sure you give it at least a minute or two before picking it up again. It would be best if you test this before presenting it.)
So if you were are all angry like this can and you sin by getting in a fight or calling someone bad names it would be like opening this can and it spraying everywhere!
Sometimes what we need to do it walk away and pray and ask God to help us to calm down and not respond in sin.
(Take the can and open it. It should open normally now. Make this dramatic so the kids think it will spray everywhere.)
See all this can needed was a few moments of quite and it calmed down and it could be opened without exploding. When we are angry we open need a few moment so that we can react without sinning.
Anger, angry, sin, fight, hurtful words
Incoming search terms:
- free bible lessons
- object lesson on anger
- object lessons on anger
- anger object lesson
- ephesians 4:26 kids lesson
- sunday school lesson on anger
- youth bible study on anger
- object lesson on anger for children
- Creative bible lesson for kids