Run the Race
1 Corinthians 9:24; Romans 5:3-4; Isaiah 40:31; Matthew 24:13; James 1:12
- Any kind of baggage. Bags, backpacks, anything, just make sure you are loaded down. I will list a few things in the object lesson that you could use or you can just adapt it to whatever you have.
- Sneakers. You can already have these on
(Come out holding all your things and wearing your sneakers.)
Have any of you ever ran a race before? Did you win? I am getting ready to run a race today and I have everything I will need. I have a CD player because I have found out that if I listen to music I can run a lot faster. I also brought a cooler full of drinks and food just in case I get hungry or thirsty. You don’t want to run on an empty stomach!
I also have an umbrella if it starts to rain, that way I can stay dry. I am also going to bring a beach chair because I may need to take a break somewhere along the way. I have a first aid kit too because you never know when you will have to do emergency surgery on yourself!
I just know that I am going to win! How do you think I will do in this race? (Wait for responses.) You don’t think I will do very well? Why not? (Wait for responses.) You think I am carrying too much stuff? But I need all of these things don’t I?
This kind of reminds me of what the Bible says in Hebrews 12:1. It says that we should put off all the things that weigh us down and run the race that God has for us. I would probably run a lot faster if I laid all these things down!
We can run the path God has for us faster and better if we lay down the things that weight us down. Maybe we need to lay down a sin. Maybe we should lay down a bad habit. Maybe we will have to lay down a relationship that is not good. We need to lay down anything that is getting in the way of us moving closer to God.
Incoming search terms:
- running the race bible lesson
- bible lesson running game for teens
- endurance lesson for kids
- object lesson on running
- object lesson on running the Christian race
- run the race for christ sunday school teaching
- runnign the race youth group lesson