now browsing by tag
Hebrews 10:24; Galatians 6:2; Hebrews 13:1
- Two knives
(Pull out both knives and sharpen them together as a chef would do.)
Have you ever seen anyone do this before? What are they doing? (Wait for answers.) They are sharpening the knife. If you slide two knives together at the right angle they will actually sharpen each other!
In Proverbs 27:17 it says that friends sharpen each other just like knives can sharpen each other. Did you know that just like iron sharpens iron you can help to sharpen your friends and they can help to sharpen you? You won’t get a sharp edge on you, but you will be closer to God and more courageous and ready to follow God.
How do we sharpen each other? By praying together. By talking about the things that we face and encouraging each other. Sometimes just knowing that someone else is facing the same things that you are makes you feel stronger.
As followers of Jesus we are supposed to go in to the world and share His love with those that are lost, but it is very important that we also have some good friends that follow Jesus that can help to keep us sharp.
Incoming search terms:
- Object Lesson Iron Sharpens Iron
- object lessons for courage
- bible lesson kids brave & courageous
- cool small group illustration of how iron sharpens iron
- discussion questions on iron sharpen iron
- Elijah sharpens elisha as iron sharpens iron sermons
- group discussion on iron sharpen iron
- Iron Sharpens Iron Bible Lesson
- lesson exposition on iron Sharpens iron