now browsing by tag
Proverbs 11:2; Galatians 6:3; James 4:6
- Bubble gum. You can give everyone a piece if you want. (You could also use bubbles or a balloon for a similar effect).
(Take out a piece of bubble gum and put it in your mouth and begin to chew it. You could also get a volunteer if you wanted to.)
Does anyone here like bubble gum? What is your favorite kind? (Wait for responses.) Do you know how to blow a bubble? Did you know that some people can blow huge bubbles!
I can’t blow a really big bubble, but I will show you how big of a bubble I can blow. (Blow the bubble until it pops.)
Did you know that some people are just like this bubble? They get really puffed up. Do you know what it means when you are puffed up? You are full of yourself or you are prideful.
Being proud means that you think that you are more important that others. God does not like it at all when we are full of pride.
Do you know what happens when we get full of pride? In Proverbs 16:18 it says that pride comes before destruction. That is just like a bubble gum bubble. It gets puffed up as it becomes more and more proud and then finally…POP! It is totally destroyed.
God’s Word tells us that pride will lead us to destruction. Let us put other people and God before ourselves. Let us not boast about things that we have. Let’s make sure that we don’t have a big ego.
Let us walk with humility before our God.
Incoming search terms:
- object lesson on pride
- object lesson on humility
- pride object lesson
- object lesson pride
- object lesson using bubbles
- OBJECT lessons on humility
- object lessons on bubbles
- object lessons on being humble
- object lessons for kids on humbling ourselves before God
- object lesson using bubblesi