Resist the Devil
1 Peter 5:8-9; Ephesians 4:27; Ephesians 6:11-12
- Pair of running shoes
Many times the devil will come to tempt us. He will put bad thoughts in our minds. He will try to get us to do things that don’t please God. He will try to discourage us. He will try to tell us that God does not love us. Whenever we get thoughts like these we need to recognize that it is the devil bringing those thoughts.
The Bible tells us in James 4:7 that we need to resist the devil and he will flee from us. How do we resist the devil? We choose to not listen to him. We quote Scripture verses that we have learned. We rebuke him and command him to leave in the name of Jesus.
(Show the running shoes.)
When we begin to quote Scriptures and use the name of Jesus the devil begins to get scared! He cannot stay around when we are speaking God’s Word and talking about Jesus. Do you know what that devil does? He grabs his running shoes and puts them on! Then he runs as fast as he can to get away from you!
That devil cannon tolerate the name of Jesus. When we resist the devil and tell him “NO” he will run away like a scared little child. He may try to discourage you, but when you rebuke him he will take off!
Whenever we feel like the devil is beginning to speak evil thoughts into our lives we need to resist him and make him put on his running shoes and flee!
Incoming search terms:
- resisting temptation object lesson
- kids bible lesson about resisting the devil
- Object for Devil is it or he
- object lessons about resisting
- Oject lessons for Kids Resisting the Devil
- powerpoint lessons on the devil
- resist the devil bible class lessons
- resist the devil object lesson
- what are biblical steps we can follow to resist the devil