Plug in to the Power
Acts 1:8, Romans 9:17, Romans 15:13, 1Thessalonians 1:5, Hebrews 4:12, 2Peter 1:2-4
- Drill with cord (although any appliance that needs to be plugged inc an be used)
- Drill bit
Have you or your dad ever used on of these before? What did you use it for? (Wait for responses.)
What can this drill do? Right! It can drill holes into wood. Watch me drill a perfect hole in this board!
(Take the drill and push it hard against the wood, try twisting it and so on, until the kids point out that it isn’t plugged in.)
I can’t figure out why this isn’t making a hole in this wood! Does anyone have any suggestions? (Allow responses.)
(Hold up the cord.)
I don’t know if this cord will really help though, but if you think it will I will try it.
(Plug the drill in and drill a hole in the wood.)
Wow! It worked, and all I needed to do was plug into the power! This drill is pretty worthless if it isn’t plugged into the power.
In Ephesians 3:20 is says that God wants to do some amazing things in our lives, but we have to be plugged into the power just like this drill. Does anyone know how we plug into God’s power? (Wait for some responses.) By reading His Word, by praying, coming to church, fasting, giving and other things like that. When we do these things it is like plugging this drill into the wall. We can now do great things!
Incoming search terms:
- christianitycove comobjectlessonpluggedin
- work sheet on staying plugged into God for kids
- 1 day retreat plug into the power materials
- games about being plugged into god
- kids bible object lesson ephesians 3:20
- object lesson on power of God
- object lessons on Gods power
- Power plug Sermons
- scripture about plugging in to god