Hearing From God
Habakkuk 2:20; Zechariah 2:13; John 10:27; 1 Kings 19:12
- Large seashell (Like the ones that you would hold up to your ear to listen to)
(Show the large seashell.)
Does anyone know what this is? (Wait for a response.) It is a large seashell. Have you ever listened to a seashell like this before? They say that if you hold it up to your ear and if you are very still and very quite that you can hear the ocean in it.
(If you have time you can pass the shell around and let them try listening to it.)
In Psalm 46:10 the Bible says “be still and know I am God.” It is really hard for us to be still isn’t it. Let’s try to be perfectly still for 30 seconds. (Time everyone for 30 seconds.)
That wasn’t very easy was it? If we want to hear from God we need to slow our lives down. Sometimes we are doing way too many things and moving way too fast. We have school, work, sports, hobbies and we rush, rush, rush. And then we wonder why we are not able to hear God’s “still small voice.”
Just like when you are trying to hear the ocean in the seashell we need to be very still and quiet to hear it, we need to be very still and quiet so that we can hear God speaking to us.
Maybe if you spend some time outdoors you are able to slow down enough to hear from God. Maybe you listen to music all the time and maybe you should shut it off from time to time so you can hear from God. It is important that we all take time to just be quiet and listen for His voice.
Incoming search terms:
- object lesson on hearing God
- bible activities for silence
- bible lesson for women on hearing gods voice
- bible lesson on being quite
- bible lessons on solitude
- hearing god\s voice object lesson for kids
- lessons on how to hear from god
- object lesson for kids using seashells
- object lesson on hearing ear