The Wise and Foolish Builders
- Building blocks
- Sand bucket full of wet sand
- Water pitcher full of water
Fill the bucket with wet sand so that when you flip the bucket upside-down and remove it, the sand will retain its shape. Put this sand onto a tray and put the brick on a tray.
In Matthew 7:24-27 Jesus tells a story about two people who were going to build some houses. There was a wise builder and a foolish builder.
(Have a couple helpers come up and help build some houses).
In verse 24 Jesus says “Anyone who listens to his teaching and obeys it is wise Like a person who builds his house on solid rock.”
(Have one person start building a block house on the rock and one person start building a block house on the sand)
Verse 26 says “Anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish like a person who builds his house on sand.”
Jesus is saying that we need to build our lives on the solid foundation of God’s Word. We need to not only listen to it but do what it says.
The verse tells us that once the houses are built a storm comes. A lot of times in life storms will come and try to knock us down.
(Pour the water on both houses. The one on the rock should stand and the other one should collapse.)
We need to listen to God’s Word and also do what it says. Doing this is building out lives on the firm foundation of God’s Word.
Incoming search terms:
- wise and foolish builders lesson
- where in the bible is the parable of the wise and foolish builder
- object lessons for parable of wise builder
- foolish builder object lesson for kids
- object lesson for wise and foolish builder
- object lesson for wise and foolish builders
- the wise and foolish builders activities