1 Kings 2:3
Psalm 25:4, Psalm 119:1, Proverbs 4:4, Proverbs 7:1, Matthew 7:24
- Cake mix
- Large bowl
- Stirring spoon
- 2 Eggs
- Baking soda
Does anyone here like cake? What is your favorite kind of cake? I love cake and I would like to bake one for you! (Take out cake mix.)
This is going to be the most delicious cake ever! It says to empty the cake mix into a large bowl. (Rip open the box and pour the contents into the bowl.)
Now it says to add in 2 eggs. (Take the eggs shell and all and smash them into the bowl.)
Next it says to add in some sugar. I don’t have any of that, but I am sure that salt would be just fine instead. (Dump in some salt.)
Let’s see, now it says to add in some flower. I don’t have any sugar, but I found this white powder in my cabinet so I guess I can add that in. (Dump in some baking soda.)
Then it says add in oil and stir. I don’t have any water but I have some vinegar and I love putting oil and vinegar on salad so they are probably the same. (Pour in some vinegar and stir as the reaction occurs.)
Oh no! This is a huge mess! I don’t understand what went wrong!
I guess I didn’t follow the directions very well did I?
In 1 Kings 2:3 it says that we should follow God’s directions and we will succeed in all we do. Since I didn’t follow the directions on this box I won’t get a delicious cake, and if we don’t follow God’s directions then we won’t be very successful either.
Incoming search terms:
- following god\s instruction object lesson
- building something using instructions vs no instrucions object lesson
- childrens bible lesson on listen to god in follow direction
- children\s object lesson following directions
- object lesson on following directions
- object lessons on word of God as our instruction manual
- Teaching children\s church about following directions