Turn a New Leaf
2 Corinthians 5:17; Colossians 3:10; Ephesians 4:22-24
On New Years many people will come up with something called a New Year’s Resolution. This is a goal for the next year or something that you want to change about yourself. Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions? (Allow for responses.)
(Show the leaf.)
Some people say that when you make changes in your life that you are turning over a new leaf. (Flip the leaf over.) Why do you think they say that? It is because you are looking at your life from a different perspective. You are seeing things from a different point of view.
In Romans 12:2 it says that we need to change the way that we think. Many times we just try to changes our actions and the things that we do. What God wants us to do it to change the way that we think. When we think about things from God’s perspective then we act in a way that He wants us to. When we turn over a new leaf in our life it should be to start thinking about things the way that God does.
As you make resolutions and think about things that you can change for the new year try turning over a new leaf. Try thinking about things God’s way. How do we think about things God’s way? By renewing our mind which comes from reading and meditating on God’s Word, the Bible.
Incoming search terms:
- turning over a new leaf bible lesson
- bible lesson from leaves
- biblical meaning of turning over a new leaf
- turning over a new leaf story for children
- TURNING OVER A NEW LEAF LESSON PLAN
- turning over a new leaf bible verse
- turn over a new leaf sermon
- turn over a new leaf bible lesson
- turn on a new leave sermon
- stories in the bible about turning over a new leaf