Light of the World
John 12:46; John 9:5; John 3:19
- String of Christmas lights
(For more Christmas ornament meanings please check out our heartwarming Christmas Story Book)
(Show the strand of unlit Christmas lights.)
Do any of you decorate your trees or your houses with Christmas lights? Or maybe you will drive around at night looking at all the lights that people have hung up? Some people do some amazing things! What is the most impressive display you have seen? (Allow for responses.)
How do my lights look? Not too good right now, do they!
(Plug the lights in.)
That’s better isn’t it! No the lights can shine bright and beautiful. Do you know the reason that we have so many lights at Christmastime? We have them so that we can remember Jesus!
In John 8:12 Jesus says that He is the Light of the World! These lights remind us that Jesus is the light of the world! That means that he shines brightly into the darkness and brings light!
This Christmas as we decorate our trees and houses with Christmas lights let us remember that they are not just a pretty decoration but that they also reminds us that Jesus is the light of the world!
Incoming search terms:
- light of the world object lesson
- bible story on being light of the light
- jesus is the light of the world object lesson
- object lessons on being the light of the world
- object lessons about light
- object lesson on jesus being the light of the world
- light of the world object lessons
- lessons on jesus is the light of the world for children
- jesus the light of the world lessons
- jesus is the light of the world lesson