Bad Company Corrupts Good Character
1 Corinthians 15:33
Proverbs 13:20; Proverbs 14:7; Psalms 1:1-4; 2 Corinthians 6:14
- Basket of good apples
- One rotten apple
Bury the rotten apple in the basket of fresh apples.
Does anyone here like apples? Apples are such a delicious fruit. You can use them to make juice, pies, or just eat them plain! Did you know that the apple is part of the rose family? One of the great things about apples is that they will stay fresh for a month or more if you keep them cool!
I have a nice basket of fresh apples here, but did you know that these apples won’t stay fresh for very long? In fact, I guarantee that they will be rotten in just a few days! How do I know this? (Start taking out apples until you get to the rotten one and hold it up.)
There is a rotten apple in here! Would anyone like to take a bite out of this one? Did you know that if a rotten apple is touching another apple the fresh apple will start to rot too? And then it spreads quickly from apple to apple. Before you know it then entire basket of apples will be rotten! Just because I left one rotten apple in here.
The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 15:33 that “bad company corrupts good character.” That means when you hang around people who are a bad influence if will begin to rub off on you. You might not even notice it at first, but you will start picking up their bad habits and acting like them. Before you know if you will be a bad influence too!
So be very careful when you are around people who are a bad influence. People that have a rotten heart. Don’t hang out with them! Because they will begin to pull you down and before you know if you may be acting just like them!
Incoming search terms:
- bad company corrupts good character illustration
- bad company corrupts good character sermon
- bad company corrupts good character
- bad company corrupts good habits sermon
- bad company corrupts bi le
- bad character corrupts good character
- TD Jakes sermon preaching about the good bad character corrupts good company
- habit spoils good character
- explanation in the verse bad company ruins good morals
- bible lesson about peer pressure using slime