Let Your Light Shine
Luke 8:16; Mark 4:21; Luke 11:33
- Tea light candle or small jar candle
- Large basket or a bowl
- Matches or lighter
Do you guys like it when the power goes out? It can be a lot of fun, right? What is the first thing you do when the power goes out? (Allow for answers: get candles, flashlights, generator, etc).
Yeah, when I was a kid, my mother always took out a few candles and lit them and my dad would start the generator so that we could keep the refrigerator going (Insert your own power outage story here).
Now, after you’ve stumbled around to light a candle or to find a flashlight in the pitch black of a power outage do you ever put a basket over it? (Take the basket and cover up the candle) No! Of course not. That would be just plain silly. Everyone in your house would be in the dark again. They might trip and fall and someone might even get hurt!
Well, just like a candle can light your way in the dark, Jesus says that Christians are the light of the world. He says in Matthew 5:14-16, “don’t hide your light under a basket! Instead, put it on a stand and let it shine for all.” (Now uncover the candle.)
Jesus doesn’t want us to keep our Christianity a secret. He wants us to tell others about Him! And do you know what the best way is to tell others about Him? It’s to do good to others. What are some ways we can do good? (Allow for answers: love others, help people, smile, be kind, etc).
You are like this bright candle when you are not afraid to let your good deeds shine out so that all can see that you know Jesus. If you live with your light shining, you will be able to help lead people out of darkness and sin and help them to become the light of the world too.
Incoming search terms:
- let your light shine sunday school lesson
- let your light shine bible lesson
- let your light shine object lesson
- let your light shine lesson
- sunday school lessons about letting your light shine
- let your light shine bible lessons for kids
- sunday school lesson let your light shine
- lesson topic shining star bible lesson
- activities for letting your light shine
- Let Your Light Shine Activities